- see all comments
"This is an awful recipe. Just doesn't work at all. The whole thing still looked just like flour after adding the amount of liquid in the recipe. Wasted a load of ingredients trying it so you don't have to."
"Has anyone used a pasta machine to roll this out? I have had success with egg based GF pasta (with enough xanthan gum) to roll carefully through the pasta machine. Wondering if theres enough hold to do it with this one. Looking forward to trying!"
"This recipe needs a lot of work. The proportions are not correct and the instructions need more work and clarity."
"your favorite foods won't make you feel sick anymore!"
Loaded Bacon and Cheddar Baked Potato Soup
This is a gluten free soup recipe that you're going to want to save for a cold winter's day.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
Everyone's favorite comfort foods have joined forces in this Loaded Bacon and Cheddar Baked Potato Soup recipe! This recipe turns a family-favorite dinner into a soup that no one can resist. A creamy bowl of this soup will leave the family begging for more because it tastes exactly like a loaded baked potato. You'll definitely want to save this homemade gluten free soup recipe because this will soon become your absolute-favorite soup recipe ever. The flavors come together perfectly to create an amazing meal. Whip this up on a cold winter's night to keep you and your loved ones warm!
- FOR THE GLUTEN FREE SOUP
- 8 baking potatoes
- 12 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, very finely minced and mashed
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (see note)
- 1 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- FOR THE GARNISH
- 1 cup finely diced green onions
- 1 cup sour cream
The votes are in! Here are the best gluten free blogs, as well as some incredible gluten free recipes. 15 of the Best Gluten Free Blogs
Scrub the potatoes very well and bake for 1 to 1.5 hours until soft. Peel four of the potatoes and mash in an electric mixer, adding a bit of the broth or milk to make them into a smooth puree. Leave the skin on the remaining potatoes, dice them into cubes, and set aside.
In a 6-quart soup pot, brown the bacon, stirring frequently, until just crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside. In the same pot, using the rendered bacon fat, cook the onions and garlic, covered, for about 4 minutes. Remove the lid, stir in the butter and allow to melt. Add the broth, the milk, and the diced and mashed potatoes. Heat over medium high until heated through but do not boil. Add the cheese and the spices. Then stir until melted.
Place 1/4 cup of the liquid into a small bowl. Add the instant mashed potatoes and stir until smooth. Add this mixture back into the pot and continue to cook the soup over medium-low heat, stirring until thick.
Serve this soup with green onion, sour cream, and the reserved bacon pieces.
1. The amount of cayenne may surprise you if you taste the soup before the cheese is added, but it is just once everything is assembled and mixed. If you feel your guests may rebel, start with just a pinch.
2. Using instant mashed potato flakes is a great and healthy way to thicken sauces and soups, so we suggest keeping some on hand. If you don't have any, the soup can be thickened by using 2 tablespoons cornstarch stirred into 2 tablespoons of water or milk.
3. This soup can be frozen for later use, but it will be slightly less thick when frozen and reheated. To thicken, add a tablespoon or two of instant mashed potato flakes when reheating.
Keeping dinners interesting can be a challenge, especially when you have to be gluten free. Try one of these 28 Gluten Free Chicken Recipes for Dinner
Read NextThe Best Quinoa Minestrone
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Dec 02, 2016
This sounds delicious! I can't wait to try this soup recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Whipped Feta Blistered Tomatoes Greek Salad Spread
"You can serve Whipped Feta Blistered Tomatoes Greek Salad Spread as an appetizer or a side dish. Whipped feta is so easy to make. You… Continue reading: "Whipped Feta Blistered Tomatoes Greek Salad Spread"
- The Best Quinoa Minestrone
- Creamy Asparagus Soup with Coconut Milk
- Restaurant-Style Asian Ginger Broth
- Loaded Bacon and Cheddar Baked Potato Soup
- Five-Minute Creamy Tomato Soup
- Old-Timey Potato Soup
- Minnesota Wild Rice Soup
- Gluten Free Jambalaya Soup
- Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite recipes
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Blender Hummus Without Tahini
- Goat Cheese Pesto
- Copycat Chipotle Fajita Veggies
- Zucchini Enchilada Roll Ups
- Homemade Wendy’s Frosty
- 13 Homemade Bread Recipes: Gluten Free Bread eCookbook
- 14 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- 15 Favorite Tailgating Foods
- 15 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
- 16 Best Gluten Free Cookie Recipes from Scratch
- 7 Gluten Free Kid Friendly Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 9 Gluten Free Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- 9 Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Delicious Gluten Free Desserts: 7 Gluten Free Pie Recipes