This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"This is an awful recipe. Just doesn't work at all. The whole thing still looked just like flour after adding the amount of liquid in the recipe. Wasted a load of ingredients trying it so you don't have to."
"Has anyone used a pasta machine to roll this out? I have had success with egg based GF pasta (with enough xanthan gum) to roll carefully through the pasta machine. Wondering if theres enough hold to do it with this one. Looking forward to trying!"
"This recipe needs a lot of work. The proportions are not correct and the instructions need more work and clarity."
"your favorite foods won't make you feel sick anymore!"
Fried Sweet Plantains (maduros)
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
"Fried Sweet Plantains, known as Maduros are ripe plantains, sliced, and fried to crisp and custardy, caramelized perfection! This healthier pan-fried recipe is naturally sweet, gluten-free, vegan, paleo, and allergy-free! Maduros are a perfect side dish, sweet appetizer, or snack! Soft and creamy, they're ready for the table in 10 minutes! Maduros or "plátanos maduros" are simply sweet ripe plantains! As a plantain ripens, the starch it contains gets converted into sugar, making ripe plantains much softer and sweeter than unripe green plantains. Maduros are easier to peel and act more like "dessert bananas" (the bananas you're used to eating). However, they are still more starchy and less sweet but become sweeter as the outer peel blackens. Maduros can be fried, baked, grilled, or boiled. When fried, the natural sugars beautifully caramelize, turning them golden-brown and transforming the interior of the plantain soft and custardy."
Read NextClassic Vegetable Fried Rice
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Healthy Apple Crumble
This healthy apple crumble with oats recipe can be prepared all year round, but I think it can easily be added to the list of best… Continue reading: "Healthy Apple Crumble"
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite recipes
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Peach Jalapeno Salsa
- Broccoli Waldorf Salad
- Roasted Beet Dip
- Honey Whipped Feta Dip
- Easy Jalapeño Poppers
- Buffalo Cauliflower Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Black Eyed Pea Caviar
- Creamy Jalapeño Sauce
- 13 Homemade Bread Recipes: Gluten Free Bread eCookbook
- 14 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- 15 Favorite Tailgating Foods
- 15 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
- 16 Best Gluten Free Cookie Recipes from Scratch
- 7 Gluten Free Kid Friendly Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 9 Gluten Free Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- 9 Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Delicious Gluten Free Desserts: 7 Gluten Free Pie Recipes