Gluten Free and Egg Free Pasta Dough
Try our allergy-friendly homemade gluten free pasta recipe!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Take your dinner guests on an Italian adventure with this Gluten Free and Egg Free Pasta Dough. You should definitely add this to your collection of allergy-friendly recipes. You'll love that you can make this pasta in the comfort of your own kitchen.
Plus, you can avoid paying too much for store-bought gluten free pastas. Follow the simple steps and enjoy this start-to-finish recipe that will impress both kids and adults. Gluten free dinner ideas come easy with this recipe on hand. Bon Appetit!
Dietary RestrictionsGluten Free, Egg Free
- FOR THE PASTA
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus 1/2 teaspoon salt for boiling water
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- FOR THE PESTO PASTA SAUCE (optional)
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, slivered
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Finding gluten free recipes is already difficult enough, but when you add in other dietary restrictions, it becomes almost impossible to find recipes. Don't worry we're here to help! Allergy-Friendly Recipes
To Make the Pasta
Using an electric mixer with paddle attachment, stir the brown rice flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, and salt together using the lowest setting. Stir until well combined. Then add the warm water and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
Increase speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes. Dough should have come together almost completely at this point. If not, with mixer running, add remaining olive oil gradually; all of it may not be needed. If dough is still too dry, add another tablespoon of warm water.
Remove dough from bowl and form into a 1/2-inch thick disk and wrap very tightly in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes before proceeding.
To form noodles: Sprinkle work surface lightly with gluten free flour. Dust the disc of dough with this flour and roll with a rolling pin until it is evenly 1/16-inch thick; dough will plump when it is cooked. Use a knife to cut into 1/4-inch wide noodles and cook immediately.
To cook noodles: Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, and drop in the noodles. Cook at a boil for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon so they do not stick together. When noodles are cooked to your taste, drain, and add your choice of sauce. Note: If you decide to make the homemade pesto pasta sauce, you need to save 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
To Make the Pesto Sauce
Remove stems from basil. Set aside 1 cup of the basil leaves for later.
Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil over high heat. Drop 2 cups of basil leaves into the boiling water to wilt, for about 30 seconds. Drain and wrap in a towel and tightly squeeze to remove all moisture. Keep water boiling.
Place basil into a food processor and with processor running, add garlic and olive oil. Process until basil is well chopped. Scrape down bowl and add yogurt, feta cheese, and salt. Pulse until smooth.
Stack remaining basil leaves and roll into a tight cigar shape, cutting crosswise into thin shreds.
When sauce is made, place pasta into a large bowl and toss with the pesto sauce, adding pasta cooking water by tablespoon until the sauce is creamy and coats the pasta.
Garnish with the shredded basil and serve with Parmesan cheese (if desired).
The dough should just begin to hold together without dry patches. Add liquids a little bit at a time to achieve this. It is easier to add liquid than to subtract it, and all flours work differently so different quantities of liquid will be needed.
Want more pasta? Check out these Super Easy Pasta Dishes: 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Gluten Free and Egg Free Pasta Dough
Roasted Romanesco Pasta
Super Easy Pasta Dishes: 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
One Pot Mac 'n Cheese with Broccoli
Marco Polo Salad
Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta
Pesto Zucchini Noodles
Gnocchi and Chicken Sausage Vegetable Skillet
Simple Slow Cooker Lasagna
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Kir Royale
- Gluten-Free Easter Bunny Cut-Out Sugar Cookies (Vegan, Allergy-Free)
- Rainbow Easter Deviled Eggs
- Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Shrimp with Green Beans
- 3-Ingredient Crispy Cocoa Air Fryer Chickpeas (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Allergy-Free)
- Savory Gluten Free Crepes with Turmeric
- Slow Cooker Taco Chicken (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Allergy-Free)
- Zucchini Stew with Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Moroccan Chicken
- Good Dee's Gluten Free Dessert Mixes
- 13 Homemade Bread Recipes: Gluten Free Bread eCookbook
- 14 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- 15 Favorite Tailgating Foods
- 15 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
- 16 Best Gluten Free Cookie Recipes from Scratch
- 7 Gluten Free Kid Friendly Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 9 Gluten Free Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- 9 Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Delicious Gluten Free Desserts: 7 Gluten Free Pie Recipes