9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- see all comments
"This is an awful recipe. Just doesn't work at all. The whole thing still looked just like flour after adding the amount of liquid in the recipe. Wasted a load of ingredients trying it so you don't have to."
"Has anyone used a pasta machine to roll this out? I have had success with egg based GF pasta (with enough xanthan gum) to roll carefully through the pasta machine. Wondering if theres enough hold to do it with this one. Looking forward to trying!"
"This recipe needs a lot of work. The proportions are not correct and the instructions need more work and clarity."
"your favorite foods won't make you feel sick anymore!"
Top Gluten-Free Restaurants by City
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
Baking, cooking, and buying gluten free foods is challenging, but there's nothing quite as challenging as going out to eat, especially if you are in a new city. There are so many factors than can turn a nice night out into a gluten-filled nightmare. There are some restaurants that simply take the bun off the cheeseburger, but don't really offer solid gluten-free menus.
With all this in mind, we here at FaveGlutenFreeRecipes have taken it upon ourselves to search out and research the top rated gluten-free restaurants in different cities.
Top Gluten-Free Restaurants by City
Table of Contents
New York City
In a city as huge as New York City, there is no doubt a plethora of gluten free restaurants. But which ones are trustworthy? Which ones actually taste good? Here is a great list of some amazing restaurants that won't "gluten" you.
- Risotteria - a great (if small) Italian restaurant that was created to be a "Celiac's delight" ($$)
- Friedman's Lunch - American comfort food; this restaurant is not 100% gluten free so be careful of contamination ($$)
- Candle 79 - Vegan with gluten-free options ($$)
- Everybody Eats - 100% gluten free bakery ($$)
- Pip's Place - Another bakery that is 100% gluten-free
California is known for being proactive with its health and diets. If New York is the city that never sleeps, then Los Angeles is the city that is always trying to be healthy. Although being gluten-free is not a choice for a lot of people, there are people who use it as a diet. Either way, these restaurants offer some great gluten-free menus.
- Breakaway Bakery - gluten free and even offers vegan options ($)
- Catch at Hotel Casa Del Mar - seasonal food and fine dining mean that the chefs are very conscious of what the cook; you can be assued that there will be no cross-contamination ($$$)
- Season 52 - causal dining, seasonal eats, and an entirely gluten-free menu 52 weeks out of the year ($$$)
- Z'Tejas - Tex-Mex with a gluten-free menu that was created in conjunction with the Gluten Intolerance Group ($$)
Chicago is known for its vast array of amazing restaurants so it's no surprise that there are some hidden gluten-free gems in the mix. While it's not hard to find anything in Chicago since the city is laid out in a grid, it can be difficult to pinpoint which restaurants are worth your time and which ones you should pass over.
- Mercadito - This joint has a wonderful Mexican falir and the wait staff really understands what "gluten-free" is all about. ($$)
- Lou Malnati's - Classic Chicago-style pizza meets gluten-free goodness with this reastaurant. ($$)
- Mana Food Bar - Gluten-free and vegan. ($$)
- Hub 51 - Great food, great atmosphere. Offers both gluten and gluten-free foods. ($$)
- Wilde Food - Upscale Irish bar with a great atmosphere. They serve their gluten-free foods with an American flag (for added protection). ($$)
Houston is a booming metropolis known for its amazing Tex Mex and nightlife. If you are traveling here for work or pleasure, you are guaranteed to a good time and good food. These awesome gluten-free restaurants will help you make the most out of your time spent in the south.
- Brio Tuscan Grille - Not only do they have gluten-free entrees, but they also have gluten-free pasta dishes ($$)
- Salata - Salad bar to the max; none of their dressings or soups contain wheat ($)
- Ruggles Green - A certified-green eatery; wide variety of gluten-free items are clearly marked and they only use organic ingredients ($$)
- Snap Kitchen - Extensive gluten-free menu that is great for meals on the go ($$)
The birthplace of our nation is a breeding ground for gluten freedom. With a whole host of amazing gluten-free restaurants, it was hard to pick just a few to list here. Brunch on South Street or head over to Penn's Landing to sit by the water. No matter where you wander, there will be a gluten-free menu waiting for you to check it out.
- Giorgio on Pine - Not only do they have gluten-free offerings, but they carry gluten-free pasta such as Schar ($$$)
- village belle - neighborhood-friendly restaurant; offers a gluten-free menu ($$)
- Bridget Foy's - Located on South Street, this fun restaurant offers a special gluten-free menu. Plus, they're open late. ($)
- City Tavern - Food is inspired by the spirit and customs of 18th century America ($$)
- Iron Hill Brewery - While known for their micro-brews, they offer an extensive gluten-free menu ($$)
These restaurants can be found in many major cities and offer great gluten-free options:
- P.F. Chang's - known for their awesome gluten-free menu as well as their care in preparing their gluten-free dishes
- Mooyah Burger - some of their most popular burgers are lettuce-wrapped
- Kenny’s Italian Kitchen - most dishes can be prepared gluten-free upon request
- Red Robin - make their own gluten-free burger bun; extremely gluten-friendly
- Cheeseburger in Paradise - also make the own gluten-free burger bun
Have a favorite gluten-free restaurant that you don't see here? Let us know in the comments, and keep checking back! We will continue to update the lists as well as add new cities.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
May 13, 2016
I live in Chicago and love Lou's, but Chicago's pizza has a lot better GF pizza. Plus, they have deep dish options. It's heaven. I recommend checking out Basil Leaf Cafe on Clarke too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
"My kids eat snacks like its their job. Thats why I always have a batch of hummus on hand! I like to change up the flavors every now… Continue reading: "Roasted Red Pepper Hummus"
- How to Convert a Recipe to Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cooking Tips from Bloggers
- 15 of the Best Gluten Free Blogs
- The Ultimate Pantry Guide for Gluten Free Living
- The Ultimate Guide to Gluten Free Binding Agents
- Gluten Free Diet FAQ + Gluten Free Recipes
- Gluten Free Baking Tips
- Mexican Rice Recipe (Arroz Rojo)
- How to Use 23 Different Gluten Free Flours
- Gluten Free Flour Substitutions
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite recipes
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Italian Quinoa Pasta Salad
- Mexican Brussel Sprouts
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Blender Hummus Without Tahini
- Goat Cheese Pesto
- Copycat Chipotle Fajita Veggies
- 13 Homemade Bread Recipes: Gluten Free Bread eCookbook
- 14 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- 15 Favorite Tailgating Foods
- 15 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
- 16 Best Gluten Free Cookie Recipes from Scratch
- 7 Gluten Free Kid Friendly Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 9 Gluten Free Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- 9 Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Delicious Gluten Free Desserts: 7 Gluten Free Pie Recipes