9 Gluten Free Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- see all comments
"This is an awful recipe. Just doesn't work at all. The whole thing still looked just like flour after adding the amount of liquid in the recipe. Wasted a load of ingredients trying it so you don't have to."
"Has anyone used a pasta machine to roll this out? I have had success with egg based GF pasta (with enough xanthan gum) to roll carefully through the pasta machine. Wondering if theres enough hold to do it with this one. Looking forward to trying!"
"This recipe needs a lot of work. The proportions are not correct and the instructions need more work and clarity."
"your favorite foods won't make you feel sick anymore!"
Gluten Free Copycat Kit Kats
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
Since going gluten free, you probably miss enjoying Kit Kats. The popular candy can indulge your sweet tooth with its rich chocolate and crispy wafers. But finding a gluten free kit kat recipe is almost impossible. Well, not anymore. Here at FaveGlutenFreeRecipes, we've created our own Gluten Free Copycat Kit Kats, and one bite of this chocolate treat will satisfy all of your candy cravings. So don't let your dietary restrictions get you down because being gluten free just means doing things a bit different. It doesn't mean that you have to give up your favorite foods.
Note: This recipe can take a while to create. Only advanced bakers should make this Gluten Free Copycat Kit Kat recipe.
Can't get enough candy? You should try these 16 Homemade Gluten Free Candy Recipes!
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoon gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 9 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spay three baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray, then line the baking sheets with parchment paper cut to fit the pans.
- Stir flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Place butter into the bowl of an electric mixer and cream until fluffy on medium-high speed. Add brown sugar and continue to mix for 3 minutes, adding vanilla near the end.
- With machine on low, add flour and milk in 3 batches, beginning and ending with flour. Mix well.
- Use an off-set spatula and spread the batter evenly between two prepared baking sheets. The batter will be thin, and it'll just barely cover the area; spread to the edges so that you have square sides and ends as much as possible.
- Bake 5 minutes then rotate pans front to back and top to bottom and bake another 5 minutes. If they are not dry and crisp, continue to bake for a few more minutes, watching closely to be sure they are a medium golden brown and not burning.
- Immediately upon pulling from the oven, use a 1-inch wide ruler to measure and the tip of a knife to score the sheets of “cookie” into 1-inch x 3-inch pieces. Do not break apart yet – allow to cool on a wire rack about 20 minutes.
- Carefully peel the parchment paper from the sheets of “cookies” and break apart cleanly. Count the number of “perfect” rectangles you have (some may break or be uneven) and divide by four – that will indicate how many final Kit Kats you will have.
- While cookies are cooling, place a heavy glass or thin metal bowl over a saucepan with 1” of boiling water in the bottom – water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Place the chocolate chips and butter into the bowl and place over low heat – the chocolate will begin to melt and as it does, use a rubber scraper to mix gently until it is completely smooth. Turn off the heat but leave the pan on the burner for the next step – if the chocolate begins to harden as you work, simply reheat for a minute and it will remelt.
- Dip each cookie into the chocolate just to coat one side and scrape against the side of the bowl to make an even 1/8-inch layer.
- As you work, place one quarter of the final number of cookies, chocolate side up, on the fresh parchment-lined pan. Continue to dip and stack the remaining cookies until all of the cookies are dipped and each stack is four wafers high.
- Pick up a stack and dip the sides and ends into the chocolate, again scraping to get even thicknesses on all sides, and place back on the parchment lined sheet.
- Store completed wafer treats in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Read NextHealthy Fudge Brownies
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Aug 11, 2015
I don't necessarily follow a gluten-free diet, but these were great! Reminiscent of kit kats, but definitely with a unique homemade touch!
Aug 06, 2015
These didn't necessarily taste like Kit Kats but the rich chocolate flavor certainly made up for it!
Aug 05, 2015
Very chocolaty with the Kit Kat crunch!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Whipped Feta Blistered Tomatoes Greek Salad Spread
"You can serve Whipped Feta Blistered Tomatoes Greek Salad Spread as an appetizer or a side dish. Whipped feta is so easy to make. You… Continue reading: "Whipped Feta Blistered Tomatoes Greek Salad Spread"
- Healthy Fudge Brownies
- Gluten Free Caramel Magic Bars
- Skillet Blueberry Crisp For Two
- Gluten Free Peach Crumble
- Skillet Apple Crisp
- Homemade Gluten-Free Rice Krispie Treats (Allergy-Free, Sugar-Free, Vegan)
- Apricot Crumble
- Homemade Nutella
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite recipes
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Blender Hummus Without Tahini
- Goat Cheese Pesto
- Copycat Chipotle Fajita Veggies
- Zucchini Enchilada Roll Ups
- Homemade Wendy’s Frosty
- 13 Homemade Bread Recipes: Gluten Free Bread eCookbook
- 14 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- 15 Favorite Tailgating Foods
- 15 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
- 16 Best Gluten Free Cookie Recipes from Scratch
- 7 Gluten Free Kid Friendly Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 9 Gluten Free Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- 9 Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Delicious Gluten Free Desserts: 7 Gluten Free Pie Recipes