- see all comments
"This is an awful recipe. Just doesn't work at all. The whole thing still looked just like flour after adding the amount of liquid in the recipe. Wasted a load of ingredients trying it so you don't have to."
"Has anyone used a pasta machine to roll this out? I have had success with egg based GF pasta (with enough xanthan gum) to roll carefully through the pasta machine. Wondering if theres enough hold to do it with this one. Looking forward to trying!"
"This recipe needs a lot of work. The proportions are not correct and the instructions need more work and clarity."
"your favorite foods won't make you feel sick anymore!"
The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking Cookbook Review
By Peter Rinhart & Denene Wallace
Provided by Denene Wallace
Before you even open the book, you know that The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking is unlike any other gluten free cookbook you've ever encountered. How many gluten-free, sugar-free cookbooks have you encountered with decadent cakes on the front cover? The book itself is beautiful; its heavy-weight pages are glossy, and there are full page pictures every few pages. The font is big and easy to read. You won't have to worry about squinting or losing your place while cooking. It lies open easily as well so you don't have to worry about the pages turning without your consent.
At the beginning of the book, Denene and Peter take you through the steps of setting up your gluten-free kitchen. There are many different flours used in these recipes, and the authors explain how to create your own nut, bean, and seed flours, including coconut flour and almond flour. Of course, there is also no sugar in these gluten-free recipes. Included in each of the cookbooks is a conversion chart for Pure Stevia, which can be used in place of Splenda and Stevia Extract in the Raw. This is perfect for those who, in conjunction with have Celiac Disease, also have Diabetes.
The cookbook has everything from Hushpuppies to Pizza Crust to Carrot Cake. There is so many different things you can bake without gluten or sugar. Peter and Denene's book is here to show you that just because you have dietary restrictions, doesn't mean you have to cut out your favorite foods. This beautiful cookbook is a gluten-free chef's best friend. The 80 recipes included in this book are all perfect for those who follow strict diets or are looking to lose weight. Just because you cut out the sugar and gluten, doesn't mean you have to sacrifice any flavor.
We're giving away five of these awesome cookbooks! Each one has been signed by author Denene Wallace.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Cannellini Bean Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
"Cannellini Bean Salad features sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and fresh herbs in a light dressing. Its easy to make with only 6… Continue reading: "Cannellini Bean Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes"
- Tastefully Simple Gluten Free Beer Bread Mix Review
- Enter to Win a Camp Chef Cast Iron Bread Pan!
- Brazi Bites Brazilian Cheese Breads Review
- Chance to Win a Gourmac Cook and Serve Utensil Set!
- Snikiddy Snacks Review
- Win a Prize Pack of BFree Gluten Free Breads!
- sweetriot Chocolate Giveaway
- Win a Crackin' Eggs Microwave Egg Cooker!
- Enter to Win a Sampler of Biena Chickpea Snacks!
- Cookwell & Company Meal Mixers Review
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite recipes
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Blender Hummus Without Tahini
- Goat Cheese Pesto
- Copycat Chipotle Fajita Veggies
- Zucchini Enchilada Roll Ups
- Homemade Wendy’s Frosty
- Fried Zucchini In Garlic Vinegar Sauce
- 13 Homemade Bread Recipes: Gluten Free Bread eCookbook
- 14 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- 15 Favorite Tailgating Foods
- 15 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
- 16 Best Gluten Free Cookie Recipes from Scratch
- 7 Gluten Free Kid Friendly Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 9 Gluten Free Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- 9 Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Delicious Gluten Free Desserts: 7 Gluten Free Pie Recipes