- see all comments
"This is an awful recipe. Just doesn't work at all. The whole thing still looked just like flour after adding the amount of liquid in the recipe. Wasted a load of ingredients trying it so you don't have to."
"Has anyone used a pasta machine to roll this out? I have had success with egg based GF pasta (with enough xanthan gum) to roll carefully through the pasta machine. Wondering if theres enough hold to do it with this one. Looking forward to trying!"
"This recipe needs a lot of work. The proportions are not correct and the instructions need more work and clarity."
"your favorite foods won't make you feel sick anymore!"
Kuhn Rikon Potato Ricer Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
Kuhn Rikon Potato Ricer Review
Gifted By: Kuhn Rikon
Reviewed by Arielle Matlin, Editor, FaveGlutenFreeRecipes.com
The secret to perfect mashed potatoes is the Kuhn Rikon Potato Ricer. This extremely sturdy ricer has two interchangeable disks to use depending on your needs. The tool is great for using to make delicious gnocchi, pureed vegetables, and much more!
I had only used full metal ricers before trying this Kuhn Rikon tool out. I found this to be much sturdier than those ricers. None of the pieces were flimsy and the disk component comes apart for easy cleaning.
The disks of the ricer are the only metal components on the tool. They are made from stainless steel and soft vegetables like potatoes are easily pushed through to create light strands. The disk with larger holes is best for making mashed vegetables and the other disk is best for making vegetable purees. The disk not in use is kept stored on top of the tool preventing misplacement.
At first glance I had no idea what the front clip on the ricer could be used for, but once I realized, it became my favorite feature on the tool. It hooks onto a mixing bowl's rim so you can easily direct the ingredient being riced into the bowl. It can also be used to rest the ricer without getting food on your countertops.
While a potato ricer is not the most essential kitchen tool, it is one any home cook should have for making perfect side dishes and main courses. It is an important tool for making gnocchi, tasty mashed potatoes, and homemade baby food. This Kuhn Rikon Ricer is designed for simple and efficient use, making it an ideal model.
Read NextVenice Bakery Pizza Crust Review
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Paleo Asian Chicken Stir Fry
This easy and delicious recipe is what you'll be craving every night for dinner. Paleo Asian Chicken Stir Fry is a simple recipe that… Continue reading: "Paleo Asian Chicken Stir Fry"
- Venice Bakery Pizza Crust Review
- Nature's Flavors Food Dye Giveaway
- Olo's Chipotle Paste
- Cookwell & Company Meal Mixers Review
- Pereg Gourmet Spices Prize Pack Review
- Enter to Win The Perfect Bar Giveaway!
- Enter to Win a Tovolo Yolk Out Whisk!
- Win a Rosle Can Opener!
- Win a Prize Pack of Three Bakers Great Seed Bread!
- Win a Prize Pack of Ryze Gluten Free Flour Mixes!
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite recipes
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Spinach And Roasted Tomato Dip
- Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- Vegan Cream Cheese Mints
- Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Peach Jalapeno Salsa
- Broccoli Waldorf Salad
- Roasted Beet Dip
- Honey Whipped Feta Dip
- Easy Jalapeño Poppers
- 13 Homemade Bread Recipes: Gluten Free Bread eCookbook
- 14 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- 15 Favorite Tailgating Foods
- 15 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
- 16 Best Gluten Free Cookie Recipes from Scratch
- 7 Gluten Free Kid Friendly Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 9 Gluten Free Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- 9 Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Delicious Gluten Free Desserts: 7 Gluten Free Pie Recipes