Gluten-Free on a Shoestring Bakes Bread Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
One of the most difficult things about leading a gluten-free lifestyle is dealing with gluten-free bread. Where to buy it, what brands are best, how to make a great-tasting loaf at home... The challenges are almost endless. Plus, gluten-free breads can be pretty expensive, especially the most high quality and delicious kinds. Thanks to Gluten-Free on a Shoestring Bakes Bread, however, you can make your own breads, muffins, scones, and the like right at home without worrying about these things.
The best word to use to describe the recipes in this bread cookbook is "simple." Unlike a lot of other gluten-free recipes, the ones in Gluten-Free on a Shoestring Bakes Bread don't call for ingredients with strange names or that are difficult to find. Nicole takes all of the worry and difficulty out of gluten-free bread making by just simplifying the process, starting with the ingredients.
At the very beginning of the book, she outlines a few different flour blends, each that serve a specific purpose (like a blend for breads and another one for pastries). I really like that her recipes call for these homemade blends because they've already been tested with the recipes that they're in. Using different flour blends can make a huge difference in the taste of the final product, so I really like that she takes the guesswork out of choosing a blend to use.
I'm a huge fan of cookbooks that have large, hi-quality color photos. Gluten-Free on a Shoestring Bakes Bread definitely doesn't disappoint in this department. There are quite a few beautiful, full-page photos that are mixed in with the recipes. Not only do they give a good idea of what the breads will look like when they're done, but they also offer delicious serving suggestions. In fact, the whole last chapter is dedicated to using the bread recipes in different and delicious ways. What could be better than that?
While I'm a fan of the photos and the simplicity of the recipes, what I love most about this cookbook is its variety of recipes. In addition to traditional baguettes and sandwich breads, the book also has recipes for foods like pita bread, monkey bread, and cinnamon rolls. These types of foods are difficult to find and make when you're gluten-free so it's really exciting to find easy recipes like the ones in this book that also taste fantastic.
This cookbook is definitely going to be my source for all things bread-related from now on. Everyone who eats gluten-free needs to pick up a copy of Gluten-Free on a Shoestring Bakes Bread for themselves. This cookbook is a must-have.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Easy Vegan Jalapeño Cornbread
- Lentil Loaf (Vegan, Gluten-free, Grain-free)
- Soft Baked Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
- Gluten-Free Apple Crisp (Vegan, Allergy-Free)
- Easy Baked Vegan Pumpkin Donuts
- Orange Amaretto Cranberry Sauce
- Shrimp Scampi
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread (Vegan, Allergy-Free)
- Crock Pot Ham
- 13 Homemade Bread Recipes: Gluten Free Bread eCookbook
- 14 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- 15 Favorite Tailgating Foods
- 15 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
- 16 Best Gluten Free Cookie Recipes from Scratch
- 7 Gluten Free Kid Friendly Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 9 Gluten Free Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- 9 Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Delicious Gluten Free Desserts: 7 Gluten Free Pie Recipes