Barbara - Food Blogger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Barbara - Food Blogger
Hello, I am Barbara, the proud mom of one lovely girl and author of Bread and Companatico. Italian for birth and upbringing I now live in beautiful and cold Sweden. Professionally, I am a scientist who does research into population health and my job surely influence many of my recipes, often based on the latest evidence about what is good for us.
In this blog, Italian and Scandinavian food cultures happily coexist, and here one can learn how to make regular or gluten-free Swedish knäckebröd (crackers) or bullar (sweet buns) and dig at the same time into classics of Italian cuisine with a twist (I ain’t no good at boring).
One of the leading ideas behind my cooking is the humble acknowledgement that we have forgotten how to prepare food, especially grains. Looking back to the culinary tradition of Italian rural cuisine, I have found that flour was often made out of chestnuts, corn, rice, chickpeas and almonds. These flours were then used alone or in combination with wheat to create amazingly tasty gluten-free or reduced-gluten pastas, pizzas and cakes. And, of course, fermenting grains through the use of sourdough used to be the rule. So, while I am very attentive to new trends and interesting ingredients, I also like to re-interpret old culinary treasures.
I hope that my recipes will help you to feed a healthy body and a honest lust for food and life.
Recipes on FaveGlutenFreeRecipes:
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
"There is nothing like a warm slice of homemade banana bread! This Classic Gluten-Free Banana Bread recipe is vegan, allergy-free,… Continue reading: "Classic Gluten-Free Banana Bread"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- 15 Minute Tomato Paste Pasta Sauce
- Strawberry Spring Mix Salad With Oriental Dressing
- Ham And Pineapple Pasta Salad
- Fresh Spring Salad Recipe
- Amaretto Sunset Mimosas
- Salmon Lox Recipe. Make Your Own Bagels And Lox For Sunday Brunch.
- Roasted Chili Corn Salsa Recipe
- How To Can Diced Tomatoes
- Homemade Grenadine Syrup
- How To Make Homemade Tomato Paste
- 13 Homemade Bread Recipes: Gluten Free Bread eCookbook
- 14 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- 15 Favorite Tailgating Foods
- 15 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
- 16 Best Gluten Free Cookie Recipes from Scratch
- 7 Gluten Free Kid Friendly Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 9 Gluten Free Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- 9 Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Delicious Gluten Free Desserts: 7 Gluten Free Pie Recipes