Sweet Potato Sausage Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
This Sweet Potato Sausage Skillet is absolutely delicious. You simply toss your favorite veggies, sweet potatoes, and ground Italian sausage into a skillet and let it cook. Follow the recipe, or add whichever seasonings you have in your cabinet because this recipe allows you to experiment with different spices. There is no wrong way to season this skillet. The best thing about this paleo recipe is that you can prepare everything beforehand. If you are chopping the sweet potatoes and veggies, you can chop some extra and keep the veggies refrigerated for up to a week. Then, whenever you want a sweet potato skillet, you simply dump some into the pan and cook. Your family will be begging you to make this gluten-free recipe for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
You can tailor this recipe to fit your needs. The amount of sweet potatoes and veggies will depend on how many people you are serving. Currently, this recipe makes enough for an entire family. If you change the amount of sweet potatoes, make sure you scale back the amount of spices.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- extra virgin olive oil, enough to coat the sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch oregano
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage, hot or mild
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 medium green pepper
- 7 small white button mushrooms
- 3/4 medium yellow onion
Chop sweet potatoes in even cubes. Put them in a gallon-sized resealable plastic storage bag.
Add enough olive oil to the bag for the potatoes to be fully coated.
Add parsley, Italian seasoning, oregano, thyme, rosemary, ground black pepper, and salt to the bag. Shake well until the sweet potatoes are coated evenly.
Begin cooking the ground Italian sausage. As it cooks, break up the sausage into bite-size chunks.
Chop the red pepper, green pepper, white button mushrooms, and yellow onion into small pieces.
Begin cooking sweet potatoes in a separate covered skillet. Stir occasionally.
Once the sweet potatoes begin to get soft, add the red pepper, green pepper, mushrooms, and onion to the covered sweet potato skillet. Continue stirring occasionally.
Add the ground Italian sausage to the skillet. Continue cooking until sweet potatoes are soft (but not mushy) and the veggies are completely cooked.
Serve this Sweet Potato Sausage Skillet warm.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- 11 Super Simple Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Recipes
- Morning, Noon, and Night: 24 Paleo Diet Recipes
- 30 Gluten and Dairy Free Recipes
- Allergy-Friendly Recipes
- 25 Easy Weeknight Dinners: Gluten Free Meals for the Family
- One Bite Wonders
- 50 of the Best Gluten Free Recipes
- 12 Easy Nutella Recipes
- 12 Summer Gluten Free Dinners to Try
- 25+ Gluten Free Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Easy Baked Vegan Pumpkin Donuts
- Orange Amaretto Cranberry Sauce
- Shrimp Scampi
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread (Vegan, Allergy-Free)
- Crock Pot Ham
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Mug Cake (Vegan, Allergy-Free)
- Cucumber Salad
- 13 Homemade Bread Recipes: Gluten Free Bread eCookbook
- 14 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- 15 Favorite Tailgating Foods
- 15 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
- 16 Best Gluten Free Cookie Recipes from Scratch
- 7 Gluten Free Kid Friendly Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 9 Gluten Free Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- 9 Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Delicious Gluten Free Desserts: 7 Gluten Free Pie Recipes