- see all comments
"This is an awful recipe. Just doesn't work at all. The whole thing still looked just like flour after adding the amount of liquid in the recipe. Wasted a load of ingredients trying it so you don't have to."
"Has anyone used a pasta machine to roll this out? I have had success with egg based GF pasta (with enough xanthan gum) to roll carefully through the pasta machine. Wondering if theres enough hold to do it with this one. Looking forward to trying!"
"This recipe needs a lot of work. The proportions are not correct and the instructions need more work and clarity."
"your favorite foods won't make you feel sick anymore!"
Grandma's Favorite Broccoli Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
You are going to fall in love with Grandma's Favorite Broccoli Salad. This broccoli salad recipe is super delicious and insanely easy to make. It takes only a few ingredients to make this broccoli recipe, so you can easily make it when you're short on time. You simply toss, mix, and stir, then this easy recipe is complete. It really can't get much easier. This broccoli salad recipe would be perfect to make for a family-dinner side dish or a delicious potluck recipe. Everyone will go crazy for this amazing deli salad recipe. So, you should make this easy broccoli recipe as soon as possible.
Using a smoky flavor bacon allows the flavor to carry through the salad even in a smaller amount. You can also substitute 1 cup of cubed smoked ham or smoked turkey instead of the bacon.
The step of blanching the vegetables has two effects:
1) It makes the salad more colorful as the peas and broccoli brighten in color from the blanching.
2) The veggies' flavor is less pronounced after this brief cooking, making the salad more attractive to some people who don’t like the strong flavor of the “cabbage vegetables”.
The vegetables need to be chilled before stirring in the mayo for food safety reasons.
Want even more test kitchen recipes? Check out our Tried and True Test Kitchen Recipes.
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 pound fresh cauliflower
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup gluten free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, in 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cut cauliflower and broccoli, chopping the stems and cutting flowerets into bite-size pieces.
In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon salt to boil. Drop peas into the water for 1 minute, then lift with a slotted spoon, or wire mesh sieve, and drain.
In the same boiling water, boil cauliflower for 3 minutes, then lift out and drain, running under cold water to cool the vegetables.
In the same boiling water, boil the broccoli about 2 minutes. Then, drain and cool the broccoli.
In a small frying pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until browned and lightly crisp. Drain well on paper towels.
When vegetables have cooled, toss with the dressing (gluten-free mayonnaise, yogurt/sour cream, sugar, and salt). Taste for seasoning. Add bacon and cheese, and stir gently until well mixed.
Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day before serving.
Read NextClassic Macaroni Salad
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Jan 30, 2017
My aunt used to make a similar recipe to this! This is one of my favorite potluck sides to bring!
Apr 14, 2015
Hello!br /Unfortunately not every mayonnaise is gluten free. Here is an article that will explain a little bit more about why this is http//celiacdisease.about.com/od/Gluten-Free-Condiments/a/Gluten-free-Mayonnaise.htm br /As for the description, it has been fixed. Thanks for bringing the error to our attention! br /I hope you enjoy this yummy broccoli salad!!
Apr 06, 2015
Sounds delicious, though I would have to elimintae the sour cream and cheese due to my dairy allergy/ I am new to this branch of the familly (just found this by way of Allfreesewing) and I am puzzled on two accounts. 1) I was unaware that any normal mayo contained gluten, and 2) the description does not match the recipe - it says "It takes only four ingredients to make this broccoli recipe" yet I count a total of 9 ingredients in the recipe proper - a bit of hyperbole, perhaps? In any case, since I love both broccoli and caulitflower, and so do my housemates, I see this making an appearence in my kitchen very soon -)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Cannellini Bean Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
"Cannellini Bean Salad features sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and fresh herbs in a light dressing. Its easy to make with only 6… Continue reading: "Cannellini Bean Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes"
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite recipes
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Blender Hummus Without Tahini
- Goat Cheese Pesto
- Copycat Chipotle Fajita Veggies
- Zucchini Enchilada Roll Ups
- Homemade Wendy’s Frosty
- Fried Zucchini In Garlic Vinegar Sauce
- 13 Homemade Bread Recipes: Gluten Free Bread eCookbook
- 14 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- 15 Favorite Tailgating Foods
- 15 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
- 16 Best Gluten Free Cookie Recipes from Scratch
- 7 Gluten Free Kid Friendly Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 9 Gluten Free Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- 9 Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Delicious Gluten Free Desserts: 7 Gluten Free Pie Recipes