The Best Gluten-Free Christmas Desserts: 8 Dessert Recipes
- see all comments
"This is an awful recipe. Just doesn't work at all. The whole thing still looked just like flour after adding the amount of liquid in the recipe. Wasted a load of ingredients trying it so you don't have to."
"Has anyone used a pasta machine to roll this out? I have had success with egg based GF pasta (with enough xanthan gum) to roll carefully through the pasta machine. Wondering if theres enough hold to do it with this one. Looking forward to trying!"
"This recipe needs a lot of work. The proportions are not correct and the instructions need more work and clarity."
"your favorite foods won't make you feel sick anymore!"
13 Easy Vegetable Side Dishes for Christmas Dinner
It's not Christmas unless you make some of these gluten free side dish recipes!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
Even though main dishes often get a lot of attention around the holidays, side dishes are an important aspect of creating a spectacular Christmas dinner. Your turkey or ham can't sit on the table by itself, it would look rather lonely. If you're looking for some side-dish-recipes for holiday inspiration, give our Easy Vegetable Side Dishes a look.
We've collected a mixture of recipes that feature all your favorite winter vegetables. These recipes are all vegetable based, but several include meat. If you belong to a particularly carnivorous family, you can always adapt one of these recipes to your needs and add in a little extra chicken or beef.
No matter what your preferences are, having a solid side dish menu is a great way to have a fantastic holiday season. Turkey might be the main course, but everyone enjoys a well-made side dish. Spice up your menu with a couple of these gluten free side dishes.
Table of Contents
For more great gluten free recipes, check out our most popular collection: 35 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
Best Vegetable Side Dishes
- Garlicky Mashed Cauliflower "Potatoes"If you're looking for a more nutritious alternative to mashed potatoes, give these mashed cauliflower "potatoes" a try. This white vegetable yields a creamy dish that is sure to charm the entire family. If you don't feel like quitting the potatoes cold turkey, you could always throw a couple of potatoes into this dish for a delicious compromise.
- Baked Purple Sweet PotatoesThis brightly colored dish is sure to enchant your family. This is another healthier alternative to traditional mashed potatoes. Sweet potatoes are the more nutritious--and colorful--cousins of potatoes. If you're looking for ways to make your Christmas feast a little more nutritious, this is a great dish to consider.
- Sauteed Hakurei Turnips with Green GarlicThere's nothing better than warm sauteed veggies. They complement almost any main course, and are a great addition to your Christmas menu. These turnips are a perfect Christmas side dish. This is a quick and easy recipe that will perfectly complement in your holiday main course.
- Italian Goo- Gootz SauteWondering what Goo Gootz Saute is? It's a recipe for cooked Cucuzza Squash that will delight your family. This is an easy side dish that you can have done in almost no time. Make it ahead of time or warm it up, either way you'll end up with a happy family.
- Balsamic Glazed Portobello Stuffed Mushroom CapsSurprise your family with these tasty Stuffed Mushroom Caps. Everyone will love the bacon flavor and the tangy balsamic glaze over this hearty side dish.
Roasted Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Red Onion and BaconYour family will love this tasty mix of veggies and meat. Pancetta is a bacon-like meat that infuses the brussels sprouts with a delicious flavor.
- Roasted CarrotsThis is a simple side dis that's incredibly easy to make. Just slice some carrots up, top them with a couple of seasonings, and give the whole mixture a short roast in the oven.
- Sesame Roasted BeetsAdd a splash of color to your Christmas dinner table with some roasted beets. The bright colors of this dish is matched in flavor by the excellently seasoned vegetables.
- Roasted Carrot Hummus with Spiced BeefYou're sure to love this tasty side dish. You can serve up this homemade hummus with crackers, bread, or fresh veggies. This versatile dish can be made ahead of time and served as a side dish or an appetizer.
- Honey Roasted Butternut SquashIf you're short on time for side dishes, this is the recipe for you. The squash is roasted in cubes, so the cooking time is dramatically reduced. There's no need to reserve the oven for an hour or more if you want squash in you Christmas dinner menu.
Extra Easy Vegetable Side Dishes
- Spiced Sweet Potato and Leek CakesThis savory dish doesn't need to look pretty, it's full flavor more than makes up for its rustic look. Serve these cakes up with a yogurt sauce and you've got an instant classic. Your family will love these tasty little veggie cakes.
- Vegetable PancakesMake your Christmas dinner look downright picturesque with these Vegetable Pancakes. Besides being pretty, these hearty cakes are a solid source of nutrients. They have a full flavor derived from sweet potatoes and beets that your family is sure to love.
- Chickpea FrittersThese fritters will blend seamlessly into your Christmas dinner menu. You can eat these plain or use them to soak up gravy from other dishes. However your guests choose to eat them, these fritters are sure to get tons of compliments from your dinner guests.
Dinner isn't complete without at least one of these 10 Great Gluten Free Biscuit Recipes
Read NextSlow Cooker Eggnog Granola
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls with No Yeast
"Gluten Free Cinnamon rolls made with no yeast will make your weekend breakfast easier and more comforting than ever. Can easily be… Continue reading: "Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls with No Yeast"
- Slow Cooker Eggnog Granola
- Eggnog Protein Shake
- Dairy-Free Peppermint Nog Protein Shake
- 3-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge with Sea Salt
- Eskimo Cookies
- Raw Gingerbread People
- Almond and Cinnamon Christmas Stars
- Winter Oreos
- Cut Out Gingerbread Cookies
- Our Best Christmas Desserts and 5 DIY Christmas Crafts
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite recipes
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Broccoli Waldorf Salad
- Roasted Beet Dip
- Honey Whipped Feta Dip
- Easy Jalapeño Poppers
- Buffalo Cauliflower Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Southern Ham With Red Eye Gravy Recipe
- Black Eyed Pea Caviar
- Creamy Jalapeño Sauce
- Honey Goat Cheese Ball Appetizer
- Healthy One Pot Pasta
- 13 Homemade Bread Recipes: Gluten Free Bread eCookbook
- 14 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- 15 Favorite Tailgating Foods
- 15 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
- 16 Best Gluten Free Cookie Recipes from Scratch
- 7 Gluten Free Kid Friendly Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 9 Gluten Free Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- 9 Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Delicious Gluten Free Desserts: 7 Gluten Free Pie Recipes