13 Homemade Bread Recipes: Gluten Free Bread eCookbook
- see all comments
"This is an awful recipe. Just doesn't work at all. The whole thing still looked just like flour after adding the amount of liquid in the recipe. Wasted a load of ingredients trying it so you don't have to."
"Has anyone used a pasta machine to roll this out? I have had success with egg based GF pasta (with enough xanthan gum) to roll carefully through the pasta machine. Wondering if theres enough hold to do it with this one. Looking forward to trying!"
"This recipe needs a lot of work. The proportions are not correct and the instructions need more work and clarity."
"your favorite foods won't make you feel sick anymore!"
Weeknight Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
This gluten free casserole recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Click here to view your Recipes.
This wonderfully easy recipe will make your mouth water. Weeknight Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole is a delectable combination of ground beef, tater tots, peppers, and cheese. This recipe is easily made gluten free by simply purchasing gluten free sloppy Joe sauce and gluten free tater tots. This dish can be thrown together and cooked in under an hour, which makes it a perfect recipe to pull out for a busy weeknight. A fun kid-friendly dish, this is one casserole that is sure to make repeat appearances at the dinner table. Everyone will love this unique sloppy Joe recipe.
Cooking Time25 min
Total Timeunder 1 hour
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans gluten free sloppy joe sauce
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (32-ounce) package gluten free frozen tater tots
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole with baking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until browned but not completely cooked, about 6 minutes. Drain excess fat and return meat to the pan.
Add onion and pepper and saute for 4 minutes until vegetables are nearly cooked. Add sloppy Joe sauce and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Spoon meat mixture into the prepared casserole. Add the cheese, then arrange tater tots in a single layer on top. Bake for about 25 minutes, until tater tots are cooked and brown. The filling should be bubbling around the edges.
If you like this recipe, you'll love our popular collection of 35 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
Read NextFamily-Favorite Gluten Free Taco Pie
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Sep 25, 2016
Potato overload but no worries, the tater tots used are gluten-free as well as the sloppy Joe sauce which makes this a gluten-free recipe. The tater tots are yummy by itself but this bright idea of mixing it with ground beef and cheese topped with the sloppy Joe sauce and putting it in the oven is just irresistibly mouth-watering. Thanks for this recipe which I'm sure will be popular among both kids and adults alike.
Mar 16, 2016
Oh my gosh... Tater Tots. YUM. I made this the other night and my kids loved it! It was such a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Jan 07, 2016
This recipe seems like it would be super easy to make during the week, and I really like the Tater Tots and vegetables combo.
Jan 07, 2016
I never think to do anything with Tater Tots except eat them, so a recipe that uses them is pretty clever. We love sloppy Joes, and have an easy, homemade recipe that I'll use when I make this casserole. What fun!
Jan 07, 2016
I agree that it could use a little less sauce, but I think it worked well with the tater tots. I also enjoyed the added flavors of the vegetables.
Jan 07, 2016
I wasn't a huge fan. The casserole had a strong barbecue sauce flavor. I'd use not so much sauce in the dish.
Jan 07, 2016
This casserole was really flavorful! I loved the chunks of peppers and onions.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
"My kids eat snacks like its their job. Thats why I always have a batch of hummus on hand! I like to change up the flavors every now… Continue reading: "Roasted Red Pepper Hummus"
- Weeknight Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
- Family-Favorite Gluten Free Taco Pie
- Gluten Free Impossibly Easy Breakfast Bake
- Cheesy Chips and Chili Casserole
- Pasta Pizza Casserole
- Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Gluten Free Casserole
- 40 Easy Gluten Free Potluck Ideas
- 35 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- Gluten Free Bubble Up Pizza
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
My Recipes (0) View »
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite recipes
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Italian Quinoa Pasta Salad
- Mexican Brussel Sprouts
- Texas Roadhouse Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Neufchatel Cheese
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Blender Hummus Without Tahini
- Goat Cheese Pesto
- Copycat Chipotle Fajita Veggies
- 13 Homemade Bread Recipes: Gluten Free Bread eCookbook
- 14 Gluten Free Casserole Recipes
- 15 Favorite Tailgating Foods
- 15 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
- 16 Best Gluten Free Cookie Recipes from Scratch
- 7 Gluten Free Kid Friendly Recipes Everyone Will Love
- 9 Gluten Free Cake Recipes for Any Occasion
- 9 Gluten Free Muffin Recipes
- 9 Gluten Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Delicious Gluten Free Desserts: 7 Gluten Free Pie Recipes